I suggest you ...

Add ReactJS JSX support

React JSX has embedded html in javascript. Provide support for JSX syntax in javascript.

2,705 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dmatdmat shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FosolFosol commented  · 

Yet it doesn't work..

• Robert MaissanRobert Maissan commented  · 

Still doesn't work in VS2015 Update 3. I created an ASp.NET Core MVC app (built against 4.6.2), added a package.json for the node imports, modified the /View/Shared/_Layout.cshtml to add a reference to the react application, then created a react application using ES6/JSX - error on first line: import React from 'react';

It also shows errors in the render function html. All this even though my webpack config bundles it all fine with out errors. Would be nice to have proper ES6/JSX support in Visual Studio

• Gurudev kumarGurudev kumar commented  · 

if possible add JSX intellisence for visual studio 2013 also

• Adam BaldwinAdam Baldwin commented  · 

this editor is still not fixed in vs 2105 for es6!! this is so frustrating

• Fakhrulhilal MaktumFakhrulhilal Maktum commented  · 

I'm using VS 2015 Community edition and don't see any jsx support. No code completion available at all, event project template. I was hoping support like NodeJS tool in VS.
        Do I need to use VS2015 pro? Perhaps you need to provide official getting started link in this user voice. So everyone knows how to get started.

• Pawan KumarPawan Kumar commented  · 

Why isn't support being added to 2012 and 2013? Small companies can't afford to keep upgrading Visual Studio licenses every couple years. I think we will start looking to at other options to Microsoft products.

• MarkMark commented  · 

It's a shame that people at Microsoft are still clinging to this archaic release-cycle form of their products. It's 2015 and your one of the few companies left that continues to waste it's time literally working in the past. Keeping up with web technology is extremely high paced because there is little to no barriers for entry and exploration. If you want to continue building products that support development in these kinds of spaces you need to work with an agile mentality and deliver 1 product, not a segmented collection of products spanning multiple years.

What makes it worse is your teams seem to be segmented, each time you perform a task you have to evaluate which products in your segmented line of works will receive the update and which will not. Working like this has to be frustrating for you Mads, not just these customers commenting back to you, not just the unfortunate ones finding out they have to upgrade, but your whole team and the other teams that need to collaborate with each other have to be banding their heads on the wall every-single-day.

It's time for Visual Studio to become "The Only Visual Studio" where your version number is the latest release date, not the year you bought it. There are supportive and additive features: this involves keeping up with the times and enabling Visual Studio to be the editor of choice for developers through multiple disciplines. This means building Visual Studio in a way that supportive and additive features can easily be built by the communities developing the technology, with or without Microsoft's assistance. This should be as high a priority as the next thing I'm going to say. There are unique and qualitative features to build to: these are the things unique to Visual Studio to make it attractive to developers and teams that distinguishes it from the rest of the ecosystem, the things that convert free users to paid users. This subset of features needs to stand on it's own too, so that updates here don't affect core support for new technologies I discussed just earlier.

I hope I was able to communicate this effectively so that you understand at least my own frustration with the offering from Microsoft. This goes into every product Microsoft seems to build. Windows is an operating system, nothing has ever changed, stop changing the number. Internet Explorer, Edge, whatever is next after this, it's never changed the purpose is still the same. You can continue this abusive pattern of design or you can change today and move on to bigger and better problems to solve in the future.

Sick of the segmentation and all the wasted time, isn't this why digital communication is so important?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I installed VS 2015 and update 1. But still no luck for JSX Editor in VS 2015.

Could you please bring JSX Editor and ReactJS Project template ASAP.

The current starter kit works with gulp and goes into infinite npm package installations...

My company planning to switch over to WebStorm....Microsoft forcing me to go away from VS 2015.

I hope Microsoft realizes quickly and respond to the developers voice.

Thanks...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Doesn't work very well when using ES6 JSX - getting incorrectly reported Parser errors for ES6 features like import:

Things like :
        - "import {A, B} from 'MyModule'" causes "JSX Parser: Illegal import declaration"
        - "export default MyClass extends AnotherClass {}" causes "JSX Parser: Illegal import declaration"

Please please fix......i really do like Visual Studio and want to keep using it for front-end development but having to jump though so many hoops to do so :(

• Pissed off at MicrosoftPissed off at Microsoft commented  · 

Why isn't support being added to 2012 and 2013? Small companies can't afford to keep upgrading Visual Studio licenses every couple years. I think we will start looking to at other options to Microsoft products.

• KevinKevin commented  · 

Does this also support ECMA Script 2015?

• Anonymous commented  · 

can we get this if we're using visual studio 2013?

• Ibrahim IslamIbrahim Islam commented  · 

I get errors when writing HTML in JSX file let alone any IntelliSense. Nothing seems to have changed!

• ValVal commented  · 

hi, i have installed Visual Studio 2015 entreprise edition and created a new projet with ASP .NET 4.6. I past my REACTJS files inside but the editor give me same errors ! I don't know why ?! What should I do more?

• Rosdi KasimRosdi Kasim commented  · 

So is it included in VS 2015? I don't want to cross my fingers anymore... I want to know!

• Stevio54Stevio54 commented  · 

I am reading a lot about React JSX being added to VS 2015. My employer is probably not going to fit the bill for VS 2015 too quickly; However, we are currently on VS 2013 and I really wanted to edit and use React JS in the environment I am held too. Are there any future plans on trying to set JSX support into Web Essentials as well for those of us stuck on older version of VS?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base