I suggest you ...

Publish documentation

Please document the available functionality of your plugin. Even just a text document with the list of features and their possible values would do. It would be beyond priceless if you would also document all MSBuild properties and tasks that you provide.

I naively assumed this information must be already published and spent several hours in disbelief staring at how Google returns empty-handed after each query...

My particular struggle is with the complete lack of your MSBuild tasks documentation, and the resulting inability to execute Web Essentials functionality available from GUI automatically, but I think others could profit from documentation of other bits of the plugin too.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wvxvw shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Docker commented  · 

Is this in the road map somewhere to allow recompile, re-bundle while building using MSBuild? WebEssentials is a great tool, however it's really sad that we can't just use it during build, i.e. we can't really use it in our Continuous Deployment process. This is the only big pain we have right now. Thank you!

• wvxvw commented  · 

Hello Mads Kristensen, I have looked through that site. Not even a sub-string "doc" appears in there. The site contains a lot of usage scenarios, but nothing that would explain how the plugin actually works...

Sorry, I'm really only a casual Windows / MSVS user, so I don't know what sort of documentation is typically provided with the plugins. I was hoping to see the list of features and at least a brief explanation of what they do.

As I mentioned above, I was tasked to write a build script (unfortunately, I must use MSBuild) in order to automate the compilation and deployment of a project that at present uses Web Essentials plugin to minify and concatenate JavaScript files.

Perhaps I am wrong at assuming that it is possible to interface with Web Essentials from MSBuild, and that would render my task impossible. Can you please confirm that it is not possible to invoke Web Essentials from MSBuild project? If not, how should I interpret "there are no MSBuild features in Web Essentials"?

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base